Supporting Individuals

In addition to the funding distributed through our main grants rounds, the Trust works with several local organisations to support Stratford town residents who are suffering hardship. The Trust provides small, one-off grants for such things as bedding, furniture, clothing, heating appliances and white goods such as microwaves and fridges.

To be eligible, the applicant must have less than £30 per month disposable income and be claiming all benefits to which they are entitled. Evidence of income and savings will be required.

For more information please contact the Money Advice Caseworker, at Citizens Advice (CA), on 01789 298665

Reach Out and Help, run by CA, is a service which provides a range of advice and support for town residents. Support might include help to:

  • Manage household budgets
  • Deal with debts
  • Cut the cost of gas and electricity bills
  • Claim benefits
  • Improve job prospects
  • Access volunteering and training opportunities
  • Improve health and wellbeing

Whatever the problem, anyone wanting to know more about the service should telephone 01789 200131 or click here to email. 


Stratford Foodbank supports people in crisis by supplying 3 days of emergency food. In order to receive support you need first to be issued with a Foodbank voucher. Some of the organisations in the town who can issues these vouchers are:

  • Citizens Advice 0844 855 2322
  • Stratford Children’s Centre’s 01789 266624
  • Clopton & District Children’s Centre 01789 414016
  • Doctors, health visitors and social workers
  • The police and probation officers
  • Stratford District Council

For general enquiries call 07884 418732 or

The Trust occasionally awards hardship funding to local sports clubs and arts groups to help with membership fees, kit and equipment or uniform. All town state schools and the college also receive a grant to support individuals experiencing hardship. You don’t need to be on a means-tested benefit to benefit from these funds. Please enquire directly to your club or school, which will discuss your circumstances and process any grant application.