Trustee election results
The votes have been counted and we’re pleased to announce our five newly appointed Trustees who were voted for by our members. A huge thank you to everyone who made these elections a success by either putting themselves forward as a candidate or voting. The successful candidates are:
- Tim Bailey – 30 years of policing and 10 years working in education, together with former voluntary roles and in 2015 establishing the Friends of Rowley Fields
- Marion Homer – former manager of Stratford Food Bank for over six years and now works for The Trussell Trust
- Henry Lu – decades of investment experience, financial and legal qualifications and has been an advisor for Citizens’ Advice
- Michael Rolfe – a broadcasting background that began at the BBC and now retired, a director with local theatre companies
- Josie Stevens – a marketing communications consultant with 25+ years’ experience with major global brands and events.
We’re delighted to welcome back Tim Bailey and Josie Stevens for their second term and also welcome two new co-opted trustees: Jonathan Smith, a qualified accountant with over 25 years’ experience working in public sector finance and currently working in Westminster; and from 1st September, Simon Littlejohns, a chartered accountant and chartered tax adviser with an accountancy practice in Stratford.
Sara Aspley, Chief Executive at Stratford Town Trust said: “We were overwhelmed by the positive response to our call for new Trustees, demonstrating appreciation of our role in the local community. We’re pleased that Tim Bailey and Josie Stevens were re-elected and are joining us for another term and warmly welcome our new Trustees.”
Tony Jackson, Chair of Stratford Town Trust said: “The skills and strengths our new Trustees bring will be an asset to our existing Board. They are joining us at an exciting time and I look forward to working with them to continue in our aim of creating a vibrant and connected community in Stratford. It will be a pleasure to formally welcome them at our AGM in September and in the meantime, I would like to extend my congratulations.”