How we decide to award grants
We assess all applications to make sure that the applicant is suitable to deliver the intended project or activity. We will make appropriate checks regarding an organisation; e.g., governance, finances, sustainability and key operating policies and procedures. These checks should not deter a potential applicant as we are keen to offer further support to organisations in order to enable a strong application.
All applications are subject to appraisal under the following key points: –
- Evidence of need within Stratford-upon-Avon
- Evidence of community/user involvement in the planning and delivery of the proposal
- Ability to make a demonstrable difference to quality of life in Stratford-upon-Avon
- Commitment to collaborative and partnership working
- Financial position, viability and sustainability (where applicable)
Also in order to be considered we require groups and organisations to have:-
- A constitution or agreed set of rules
- A bank account with at least two, unrelated, signatories.
If you are a Community Interest Company (CIC) we can only consider your application if you are limited by guarantee.
If you don’t meet these requirements but have an idea which would benefit the local community, we would love to hear from you. We are happy to provide support and advice about the best way to achieve your idea. Please call the grants team on 01789 207114.
Please ensure that you provide all the required information which will be detailed at the end of the application form. This will include a copy of your most recent accounts, and relevant policies. If this is not supplied it may result in your application being deferred.
Funding and Development Support
Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action (WCAVA) is able to provide information, advice and support with your application to us and other funders. They can also support other aspects of your organisation or community group. Contact Verity Thompson, WCAVA’s Funding and Group Development Officer on 01789 333768 or email email@example.com